Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Woman from Snowy River


Well, it's been a long time since I updated this - sorry about that, by the way - but I'm finally ready to let you know what's been going on over here.

The big news is that my parents have been with us for the past two weeks. They'll actually be flying home as I'm writing this. In a plane, of course. We had a great time with them and it was great that they were able to come and see how the other half lives. They claim that they had a great time and particularly enjoyed the Cornerstone lifestyle. If I'm forced to take that back in my next post I won't be happy. Still, at the current rate of updating I won't have to write that apology for a couple of months, leaving plenty of time for "Webb Parents Enjoyed Cornerstone" rumours to make their way around the world.


We did plenty of fun things with my parents, such as visiting Dubbo Zoo (the first time I've actually been, despite living in Dubbo for over a year and having a wife who has actually appeared on TV looking like someone who lives there), riding horses (Well, Xanthe, Ruth and Calvin rode some horses) and more animal related things. We also spent a few days in Sydney together. We visited the Australian Museum where they had a dinosaur display on (because dinosaurs are now Australian, apparently) and went to Sydney Aquarium. Sydney Aquarium is billed as Australia's Number One Tourist Attraction, and I must say it was the best Aquarium that I've ever visited - and I've visited about two others in my life.


Reid liked the dinosaurs and the sharks. Calvin liked the dinosaurs and the sharks. Xanthe liked the stuffed koala. That's probably the difference between boys and girls summed up right there.


I'll put up a few photos now and leave it at that. Hopefully it won't be so long until my next post, but I can't promise anything. Except that I won't try and inhale Lego. I could promise that.







No comments: