Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Update

Hello all, and a Happy New Year.

Just thought I'd write you a quick update since we've finally entered 2009. I finished my Certificate IV course on New Year's Eve, which was a cause for celebration in itself - though I haven't had my work marked yet so it's possible that I'll still need to do a few bits and pieces to satisfy the assessor. This means that Ruth and I can finally begin the visa application process - and with only three months to go before we get kicked out of the country it's about time.

Ruth I have to work our way through medicals and police checks, so we're probably not going to be able to submit the actual visa for another month at least. If you're inclined that way, please pray for us as we negotiate with the bureaucratic Orwellian nightmare that is the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (if anyone from DIAC is reading this then I don't mean it. You're lovely people really).

Thanks to all of you who have kept reading through the dark times of 2008 - yes, that includes you Peter Idris. Hopefully I'll be able to keep you up-to-date with what's happening in Canowindra over this year. Provided that we're still here in a few months, that is.

That reminds me. I'd better change the name of the blog - The Webbs at Burrabadine is so 2008.

Hope that you had a great New Year, and keep watching the skies. Errr, I mean, this space. Keep watching this space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't think The Webbs at Cucumber Lane would be cooler?