Sunday, March 8, 2009

Third Time Lucky...

Hey everyone. Well, the big news is that we finally got our visa application off. It will have arrived on Friday, which is good news because our current visa actually runs out in seven days. As always, everything runs to God's timing and not ours. I think we're beginning to learn our lesson about trusting Him to sort everything out in His timing - so hopefully now He'll stop doing this to us.

The other big news is that I graduated yesterday. For the third time. I've already gone through this with King's College and Spurgeon's, so as you can imagine, it was a nice change to go through it again on the other side of the world.


However, I was a little disappointed to find that Aussies do the graduation thing the same way as we do in the UK. I was expecting a bit of local flavour, you know, maybe corks hanging from the bottom of the tassle on the cap or something.

I also wasn't too pleased with the way that the cap made me look. It's not exactly a flattering look, especially for one with such a hairstyle as mine. So I decided to take matters into my own hands...


After all, "When in Rome..." and all that. After two previous graduations it was nice to do things a little differently this time and acknowledge my Aussie hosts by wearing an Akubra hat. CRIKEY!!


Spot the Englishman. It's like Where's Wally? but totally different.

Anyway, I had a really great time at the graduation. I enjoyed it, and felt very pleased that I've cleared this final hurdle. Canowindra is going really well - I feel that this is what I've been working up to for the past two years and that I'm finally doing what I came to Australia to do. I'm excited about what I'm doing and what I hope that God will do through Ruth and I while we're here. As I've said in a previous blog, there's no better place to be than where God wants you. Now that the visa application is off I can focus on the next few months of teaching and discipling, as well as the baby coming in May. We'll see what God does now!

No comments: