Thursday, January 20, 2011

Home Again

Well, I'm home again. Back in Australia, suffering from jet lag. It's five o'clock in the morning here and I've been awake for a few hours. I'm hoping to push through the tiredness and force myself to follow normal hours. I was very tired yesterday, my first day back.

My journey home wasn't too thrilling. By the end I was willing it to be over.

So, how was my trip to the UK? Great. I had a really good time and it was very special to catch up with family and friends. It was also an excellent time of reflection. Having the opportunity to revisit places that have been signficant for me on my journey with God was hugely beneficial. I simply spent a bit of time at each place reminding myself what I learnt while I was there. It gave me a profound sense of perspective and awareness of the fact that I have been moving in a good direction over the past fifteen years. It was helpful to see how the things that I experienced ten or more years ago have shaped me in such a way that I am able to do well what I do today. There is great power in pilgrimage.

I have no regrets about the past, and no conviction other than that Australia is our home now. We are in the right place doing the right thing. For this I am extremely thankful to God.

No comments: