Monday, September 19, 2011

Off, Back and Off Again

I've just come back from a week in South Australia with some of our students. It was an excellent week, full of excellent good things and excellent bad things. What a wonderful perspective, that even the bad things that afflict us can be excellent.

It's something of a natural extension of the pondering that I did on the sacramental nature of suffering for my MTh dissertation. That there's a different between things that hurt us and things that harm us. The former is inevitable, but the latter only happens if our perspective on life (and our acceptance or non-acceptance of the promises that God makes) allow it.

Anyway, we're off on holiday this weekend. We've got some time in Victoria, which should be superb. I shall look to update the blog when we get back. I might share some thoughts from the book I've started reading - Story by Robert McKee.

I already like the quote at the beginning of the introduction:

"Stories are equipment for living."
Kenneth Burke.

Good one, Kenneth.

No comments: